A Thanksgiving-worthy gluten and grain-free apple crisp. Sweet apples with nutty ghee, cinnamon, lemon, ginger, and orange rind add vibrant flavors.
gluten-free, grain-free apple crisp
- 4 Large organic baking apples (I use whatever I have recently picked!)
- 5 Tablespoons ghee ((for vegan version, use can use coconut butter or coconut mana))
- 2 1/2 Cups blanched almond flour (I grind my own in my blender)
- 1/4 cup organic grade B maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons organic local honey
- 2 Large lemons - juiced
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- 1/4 cup organic raisins (optional)
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
||Peel and core apples, slice or wedge into small pieces |
||In mixing bowl, combine apples, honey, orange rind, lemon juice, raisins and spices. |
||Stack apples in baking dish and drizzle 2 tablespoons of ghee over apples |
||In food processor, combine almond flour, salt, maple syrup and 3 tablespoons of ghee |
||Add crumble topping to cover the apples |
||Bake in oven 350 degrees covered for 15 minutes, then uncovered for 15-20 minutes or until bubbling and golden in color |
This is what it looks like right before it goes into the oven.
It comes out golden brown and bubbling!