strawberrysmoothiesmoothie3apple aidsweetpotatojuicesaladheader

Creating a sightly alkaline environment in your body is absolutely crucial for good health

Working out and trying to eat right will not necessarily do you any good if you can’t balance the acids in your body. You will never feel completely healthy if your alkaline levels are not balanced. The challenge we face, is that the standard American diet is completely acid-producing. When acidic wastes accumulate, it can cause organs to malfunction and break down.

When cells are subjected to unbalanced alkalinity, and acidic environment, they function much less efficiently. This reduction in functionality can impair a cell’s ability to repair itself, thus resulting in premature aging, higher risk of cancer, decreased energy, weight gain, increased risk of cysts, poor teeth and gums and compromised immune function.

Here are 7 reasons to balance your alkaline levels for exceptional health

  1. Lowers your risk of cancer
  2. Strengthens the immune system
  3. Increased energy
  4. Easier weight management
  5. Reduced risk of cysts
  6. Healthier teeth and gums
  7. Slower aging

An alkaline diet does not imply that you eat only alkaline-producing foods. It simply means that you eat about 80% of your foods from the alkaline-forming group, while the other 20% should be protein-rich and other acid-forming foods. When your pH balance has improved, then you can lower the alkaline-forming part of your diet to around 65%.

A successful alkaline diet consists of:

  • whole foods (particularly fruits, vegetables, and root crops).
  • nuts
  • seeds
  • spices
  • whole grains
  • beans

Alkalizing beverages:

  • spring water
  • green tea
  • Lemon water (I start my day with fresh squeezed lemon in a huge mason jar of filtered water – starts my day off right)

Avoid:

  • processed and artificial foods/colors
  • caffeine
  • white sugar
  • white flour

For cooking:

  • coconut oil
  • avocado oil

Here are 5 alkaline forming recipes to try